Avengers Campus is now open at Disney California Adventure. Here’s your guide for attractions, food, virtual queues, heroic encounters etc. This post contains everything you need to know for your first visit. Disney Parks Blog released the new guide map of the land and I’ve attached it here. The new map shows 3 entrances into the new 6-acre land!
Inside Avengers Campus, join the action with Avengers like Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Thor, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, The Wasp and The Guardians of the Galaxy. There is one new attraction open called WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure plus new fun taste-test inventive food and drinks as well. Kids and guests of all ages will find their powers as they train alongside some favorite Super Heroes, with a chance to live out their own heroic story.
Attractions in Avengers Campus
- NEW – Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure – no longer requires a boarding group. Stand by line only, more details below (no height requirement).
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission Breakout (40” or taller)
Dining at Avengers Campus
Dining locations inside Avengers Campus serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. You’ll find meals, drinks, snacks and treats. Currently there are only two places you can mobile order at Pym’s Test Kitchen and Pym’s Tasting Lab. If the mobile orders are all gone keep checking. Disney keeps adding times as availability opens. There is a stand by line too for these locations and all the dining in the land.
- Pym Test Kitchen – serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with pretzels, salads, sandwiches (home to the new family sized Pym-ini for $99.99, feeds 6-8 people) use mobile order
- Pym Tasting Lab – Lounge with alcoholic drinks mostly (use mobile order)
- Shawarma Palace – serves wraps for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Over next to Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission Breakout are more options.
- Terran Treats – spiral churro treat and cosmic cream orb (stand in line only)
- Shawarma Palace Too – serves the same menu as Shawarma Palace, but is located around the corner near the Hyperion Theatre. Head over to this location for a shorter line.
Food recommendations at Avengers Campus
Pym Test Kitchen serves great food in varying sizes keeping with the theme from the movie Ant-Man. For breakfast I tried the Ever-expanding Cinna-Pym Toast which includes french toast, small egg, 2 bacon strips and syrup. The food was good, but not outstanding or anything I need again for a while. I did like the cute tiny egg it was cooked to perfection. The french toast can easily be shared. For lunch I tried the Pym-ini Sandwich with salami, ham, provolone on focaccia bread with marinara dipping sauce. The sandwich was good, but not something I have to have again anytime soon. And I didn’t even touch the arugula salad. I really liked the new soda flavor created specifically for Avengers Campus called Pingo Doce. It’s a lemon-lime soda with vanilla flavor. My favorite thing by far was the Celestial-sized Candy Bar: Choco-Smash CANDY bar with layers of peanut butter, nougat, peanuts, caramel, brownie dipped in dark chocolate. I loved all the flavors combined! The candy bar is huge so either share it or bring something to take it home for later.
There’s only one item I didn’t love. The Proton PB&J Punch with peanut butter and strawberry flavors. It just didn’t taste good to me. But I did like the PB pretzel spheres on top!
Shawarma Palace serves New York’s Tastiest Chicken Shawarma Wrap. This food comes from the movie The Avengers (2012) when Iron Man suggests they eat at this restaurant in New York after they finish fighting in the movie. I tried the Chicken Shawarma Wrap with Coconut Yogurt-Tahini sauce. The dipping sauce was delicious and I loved the flavoring on the chicken. The pita type bread was good as well. I would recommend it!
Terran Treats serves the spiral churros, which I didn’t try cause I wasn’t excited about a green colored pineapple flavored churro. But what I did try exceeded my expectations! The Cosmic Cream Orb is a cream puff filled with whipped Raspberry Cheesecake. It was SOOOOO good! It’s served cold which I wasn’t expecting and the filling was delicious. I highly recommend getting a Cosmic Cream Orb for sure!
How to get inside Avengers Campus
There are 3 entrances into Avengers Campus. You can enter next door to Carthay Circle. At this entrance you will find the Avengers Campus sign to take photos in front of as seen below.
There is an entrance that takes you between Avengers Campus and Carsland. It’s so great to have this shortcut back. Easily go between the two lands now.
And lastly over by the Hyperion Theater you can enter and exit Avengers Campus.
Shopping inside Avengers Campus
- Web Suppliers – accessories for purchase to enhance the ride experience. Personally I don’t think they are necessary to enjoy the ride. I would go on it first and then see if you want to purchase accessories for you next experience.
- Campus Supply Pod – more Avengers merchandise
Avengers Campus entertainment
WOW inside Avengers Campus you will see characters spring into action and defend the Avengers command center. Currently there are 5 different shows that take place inside Avengers Campus.
- The Amazing Spider-Man
- Avengers Assemble
- Dr. Strange: Mysteries of the Mystic Arts
- Guardians of the Galaxy Dance Off!
- Warriors of Wakanda: The Disciplines of the Dora Milaje
The show times can be found in the app under Entertainment. Check on the day you visit.
Avengers Campus show tips
The Dr. Strange: Mysteries of the Mystic Arts show is better to see at night. The later shows are very popular. People start to line up 30 minutes before it starts, so plan ahead. The best view of the show is near the front more to the left hand side as you’re looking at the stage area. I’d highly recommend you see The Amazing Spider-Man show with the man himself flying through the air. It’s so cool to see the flying animatronic in person. The videos just don’t do it justice. For the best views of this show enter Avengers Campus at the entrance next door to Carthay Circle. Stand across from the Mr. Stark brick wall and over to the right. You only need to arrive 5-7 minutes before the show starts. Look up you’ll have a great view. Can you believe that’s not a real person flying through the air but an animatronic! There’s a great documentary about how it works on Disney Plus on the Imagineering Story, episode 6 at minute 57:30, check it out. There’s no need to line up for this show. You can arrive 5 minutes before it starts even. Just stand back away from the building so you can see Spider-Man flying through the air. Then stick around after the show if you want to get a selfie with Spider-Man.
Super Heroes in Avengers Campus
There is an opportunity to see so many characters in Avengers Campus so let me break it down for you. Many of them will appear around Avengers Headquarters on the ground, above on the balcony or next to the Avengers Jeep. Here’s a list of who I saw several times. You can get selfies with them and even talk to some of them.
- Iron Man
- Black Panther
- Black Widow
- Captain America (Steve Rogers)
- Captain America (Sam Wilson)
- Captain Marvel
Then other Super Heroes you will find in Avengers Campus who appear in their shows throughout the day.
- The Dora Milaje
- Dr. Strange
Other Avengers Campus tips
Here are a few things I observed and took note of when I was inside Avengers Campus.
- There is not a lot of shade or seating inside Avengers Campus. So when you get ready to eat scope out a table first. If you can’t find one there is more seating around by the Hyperion Theatre.
- There’s a fun photo op (an optical illusion) also by the Ancient Sanctum, don’t miss it.
- There is only 1 bathroom in Avengers Campus. The next closest bathroom is near Flo’s in Carsland. Or over in Hollywood land next to the Animation Building.
- Also inside the land there is a water bottle refill station over near the Ancient Sanctum. Plus inside Pym’s Test Kitchen they have a soda machine with an ice cold water option. Find more water bottle refill stations here.
- I loved visiting during the day and at night. Make sure to see it both times for the full experience! And check out the Orb in the Ancient Sanctum.
Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure
On this new attraction you will embark on an adventure alongside Spider-Man. This attraction is for everyone, great addition to the no height requirement attraction list. The ride is similar to Toy Story, but it’s next level, you’re gonna love it. UPDATE! The new attraction WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure in Avengers Campus no longer has a virtual queue. There is only a stand by line for this ride. For tips on how to fit it into your day read my post on how to fit in all the rides at Disney California Adventure in one day.
There is also a single rider option for WEB Slingers so you might consider that option. For a list of other rides that utilize single rider check here.
If you’re looking for information about Disneyland reopening head over here.