Maybe you’re at the parks on a rainy day. Or during your visit it’s really hot and you need shade or air conditioning! Well I’ve got you covered. Disneyland has a variety of shows to watch indoors, attractions to go on indoors, characters to meet indoors and places to eat indoors. I love lists and I’ve compiled some for you in this post.
I’ll break it down first with attractions and shows. I will group these by LAND at both parks. I’m only including attractions that are both longer and indoors as well as shows that are indoors or with shade.
Disneyland attractions and shows indoors
- It’s a Small World
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Storytelling at Royal Theatre (check showtimes) outdoor theatre but in the shade
- Mickey and the Magical Map (Fri-Mon only) outdoor theatre but in the shade
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
New Orleans Square
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Golden Horseshoe for a show and food (check the app for showtimes)
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- Disneyland Monorail
- Space Mountain
- Star Wars Launch Bay – lots of activities and things to do inside
- Star Tours
- Tomorrowland Theatre always has some kind of movie preview or something to watch
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Indiana Jones Adventure
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Millennium Falcon
- Main Street Cinema
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Disneyland Railroad (more stations in New Orleans Square, Toon Town & Tomorrowland) not indoors but covered
- Shops on Main Street are all connected
Disney California Adventure attractions and shows indoors
- Animation Building – many options located inside the building Turtle Talk with Crush, Animation Academy, Sorcerer’s Workshop and Anna & Elsa’s Meet and Greet. Plus there are seats to rest and watch clips of Disney cartoons/movies.
- Disney Junior Dance Party – indoor show check showtimes
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic at Sunset Showcase Theater
- Frozen – in the Hyperion Theatre
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Soarin’ Around the World
- The Grand Californian Hotel lobby – back entrance located near Grizzly River Run. Anyone can go and enjoy the lobby. There are places to sit and relax. More tips about visiting the Grand hotel here.
- Toy Story Midway Mania
Also shopping on Buena Vista Street, all the shops are all connected!
Restaurants at Disneyland with indoor seating
- Carnation Cafe on Main Street
- The Plaza Inn at the hub
- Red Rose Taverne in Fantasyland
- Blue Bayou Restaurant in New Orleans Square
- Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square
- Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland
- The Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland sit indoor eat and watch a show
- Alien Pizza Planet in Tomorrowland
- Docking Bay Cargo 7 Food and Cargo in Galaxy’s Edge
- Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge
Restaurants at Disney California Adventure with indoor seating
- Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe on Buena Vista Street
- Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge on Buena Vista Street
- Flo’s V8 Cafe in Cars Land
- Lamplight Lounge on Pixar Pier
- Smokejumpers Grill next to Soarin’
- GCH Craftsman Grill inside Grand Californian Hotel – enter hotel across from Grizzly River Run anyone can go eat here.
Character meet and greets indoors at Disneyland
✨ Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland – Chewbacca, Darth Vadar, Kylo Ren and Rey hang out here and you can get autographs and photos. Characters rotate so check the Disney app for times when you can see your favorite Star Wars character. If you need help finding character meet and greets in the app look here.
✨ Royal Hall (west of the castle) – Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel and possibly other princesses are located here. The princesses rotate, there are always 3 inside. Check the Disney app to see who is there.
✨ Toon Town – you can meet Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse inside their houses in Toon Town. They are always available to meet. Just make note that Toon Town opens an hour after the park opens. And it closes early as well before fireworks.
Character meet and greets indoors at Disney California Adventure
✨ Animation Building on Hollywood Blvd – inside you can meet Anna, Elsa and Olaf.
Disney app tip – you can find the location and times of all characters in both parks on the app under characters. The ones listed above are just indoors. But there are so many more you can meet! For more on how to find characters in the app head here.
Pin this post and save for later to help you on your visit to Disneyland.