This post contains affiliate links which means I make a little something when you purchase through the link with no extra cost to you.
Do you know what’s new at Disney World this year? Since the Resort has so much to experience, I always turn to my friends at Get Away Today for the latest news and travel tips. For your next Walt Disney World vacation, be sure to book with Get Away Today to SAVE. Take a look at what’s new at Walt Disney World, and what’s coming.
What’s New at Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World is made up of four different Parks and it also offers a dining and shopping district called Disney Springs. See my list below for what’s new at Disney World, and what we have to look forward to in the coming months.
Something that’s not Park specific in Disney World is the yet-to-be-released Disney Genie experience. Disney has stated it will work in conjunction with My Disney Experience and the Play Disney Parks app. There’s also a new Star Wars experience coming next year.
- Disney Genie – Coming later in 2020 is Disney Genie, a digital “friend” to help you get the most out of your Walt Disney World vacation. With Disney Genie you’ll be able to customize your itinerary based on what your interests are. It will feature real-time updates to keep you informed about your day at the Resort.
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser – In 2021, Walt Disney World guests should be able to book an immersive Star Wars experience that includes a 2-night stay on a starship. Guests will arrive at the Halcyon starship via a Launch Pod and will have opportunities to interact with one another and Disney Characters once aboard. You can undergo Jedi training, check out the Bridge, the Engineering Room and more. Booking is expected to start in 2020.
What’s New at Walt Disney World – Epcot
Disney has always wanted Epcot to be an ever-evolving Park. So, it makes sense that a lot of changes are happening in this part of the Resort. Overall, Epcot is going to transform into four distinct neighborhoods: World Discovery, World Showcase, World Nature and World Celebration.
- Cherry Tree Lane – This Mary Poppins experience is coming to the United Kingdom pavilion, and is expected to open in 2021. Step through the doors of Number 17 and be part of the Mary Poppins story.
- HarmonioUS – Disney World welcomes the largest nighttime spectacular ever! HarmonioUS includes Disney music, floating set pieces, lights, fountains, pyrotechnics and lasers.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure – The France pavilion invites you to see the world through Remy’s eyes on an adventure through Gusteau’s restaurant.
- La Crêperie de Paris – Celebrity chef Jérôme Bocuse created a delicious menu that will be offered via table- and quick-service dining in the France pavilion.
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along – Another addition to the France pavilion is this fun sing-along.
- Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360 – In the Canada pavilion, this attraction gets a makeover with new scenery and a new story.
- Wondrous China – In the China pavilion you can explore this beautiful country in a spectacular 360-degree format.
- Spaceship Earth – New narration and music debuts at Spaceship Earth in World Celebration. No word yet on when this will reopen with the changes, but it’s exciting!
- Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” – In World Nature, explore the world of Moana in an all-new attraction. A walking trail invites guests to interact with living water, just like the playful water Moana experiences in the film.
- Awesome Planet – The Land pavilion debuts a new film about our wondrous Earth and its diversity.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind – In World Discovery, guests begin this other-worldly experience in the Galaxarium. From there, the attraction shows the similarities and differences between Earth and the planet Xandar. This experience also includes brand-new 360-coaster technology with a reverse launch, and we expect it to open in 2021.
- Space 220 – This new restaurant in World Discovery is an expansion of the Mission: SPACE pavilion. Enjoy meals aboard a virtual spaceship with views of Earth from 220 miles away.
- PLAY! Pavilion – New at Walt Disney World, this interactive pavilion invites you to have both real and virtual experiences with your family and with Disney Characters. Look for Edna Mode, Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby and help them with their specific quests. No open date has been announced yet, but I’m looking forward to it!
What’s New at Walt Disney World – Hollywood Studios
In addition to the all-new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Hollywood Studios has other updates this year. Be sure to make these experiences part of your next Orlando vacation.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – there’s a new attraction, Mickey-themed ride in Hollywood Studios. Enter the ride via the Chinese Theater and be transported into Mickey’s cartoon world. With Goofy as your train engineer, you’re in for a whirlwind of an adventure in various, animated Mickey shorts.
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant in Toy Story Land – Step into Andy’s world and dine at a new table-service restaurant while surrounded by beloved Disney-Pixar Characters. You’ll feel like one of the toys in this immersive restaurant, which doesn’t yet have an open date.
What’s New at Walt Disney World – Magic Kingdom
It looks like there are a number of refurbishments in Magic Kingdom this year. Be sure to check Disney’s website for projected completion dates so you don’t miss out.
- Tron-themed Coaster – New at Walt Disney World (perhaps in 2021) is a Tron roller coaster based on Tron Lightcycle Power Run in Shanghai. Guests will ride motorcycle-style carriages on a track. It will combine speed and digital elements for a stellar experience!
- Jungle Cruise – Disney hasn’t released completion dates, but Jungle Cruise is being refurbished this year at Walt Disney World.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – This ride undergoes extensive updates in 2020, so check the Disney schedule before planning your next vacation!
What’s New at Walt Disney World – Disney Springs
We have a stunning show to look forward to at Disney Springs this year, as Disney and Cirque du Soleil team up.
- Cirque du Soleil & Disney – This collaboration between Disney and Cirque du Soleil brings animator sketches to life. Advance reservations are recommended, and can be purchased directly from Disney.
Book with Get Away Today and Save
Did you know when you book any 2-night or longer Walt Disney World vacation package (onsite hotel and theme park tickets) with Get Away Today you can take advantage of complimentary concierge service? This means you’ll have a travel specialist available to price-match your vacation, make FastPass+ requests and make dining reservations on your behalf. A Get Away Today travel expert can help you set up your My Disney Experience account and ensure the planning process goes smoothly. You can book at www.getawaytoday.com, or call 855-GET-AWAY for personalized Walt Disney World planning assistance. Let them know Disneyland Tour Guide sent you!