Nighttime entertainment returns to Disneyland, Main Street Electrical Light parade, Disneyland Forever fireworks, World of Color and Fantasmic. UPDATE: New nighttime entertainment news can be found here. This is fantastic news and so exciting to see fan favorites returning after a long wait! You can now see the Main Street Electrical Light parade (celebrating 50 years), Disneyland Forever fireworks show (from Disneyland’s 60th Diamond celebration), Fantasmic! over along the Rivers of America and World of Color over in Disney California Adventure. Below I will talk about each show and all the other exciting things in conjunction with these shows like dining packages, tips and how to fit in all three shows at Disneyland in one night.
Main Street Electrical Light parade
“Main Street Electrical Parade” returns to Disneyland park and celebrates its 50th anniversary. There are two times to see this parade at 8:45 p.m and 10:45 p.m. Times are subject to change. This limited time parade ends September 1, 2022.
This nighttime spectacular includes an all-new, enchanted grand finale that celebrates the theme of togetherness. The grand finale float has scenes from more than a dozen Disney and Pixar stories, including “Encanto.” The new float comprises of seven segments stretching 118 feet in length, making it one of the longest and grandest units in the parade’s 50-year history. It’s really beautiful and a great addition. I have a detailed blog post with parade tips found here. You’ll find my favorite parade spots, a map of the parade route, tips for watching with kids and more. Be sure to read that post before your trip.
Main Street Electrical Light parade dining package
Disney also offers a great way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the “Main Street Electrical Parade,” with an all new dining package at the Plaza Inn in Disneyland. I did the dining package, loved it and highly recommend this option! First get a dining reservation for lunch from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. only. And if you can’t get a reservation before your trip go to the Plaza Inn the morning of your visit and see if they have any reservations left. You can also sign up here for free dining alerts from Mouse Dining. The cost for the meal and exclusive parade seating for adults is $40 and children (ages 3-9) are $25 plus tax. Magic key holder discounts apply. The adult meal includes their world-famous fried chicken, house-made mac and cheese, oven-roasted carrots, baby wedge salad, Mickey-shaped sweet honey cornbread a decadent berry cheesecake and fountain beverage or bottled water. I’m still dreaming about that cheesecake, so good!
And below is the kids meal.
With your meal each person receives a voucher for access later in the evening to the parade’s first viewing in a reserved area. The reserved parade viewing area is in front of the train station in Town Square as seen below. You can see my niece standing in the purple shirt, that’s where we sat for the parade. This right here is the reason I recommend the dining package. We didn’t have to save seats in the hot sun for hours. I saw people lining up and down Main Street 3 hours before the parade started, but the dining package allowed us more time to do other things. We got to the parade viewing area at 7:45 p.m. and they were already letting people in to find a seat. The instructions on the credentials said to arrive between 8:15 – 8:45 p.m. But don’t wait until the last minute to show up at the reserved viewing area, remember you’re not the only one who purchased a dining package. In the special viewing area you can choose to sit during the parade which was nice! So if this is in your budget I say do it! Reservations for the “Main Street Electrical Parade” dining package are available in the app or on the Disneyland website.
Main Street Electrical Light parade foodie guide
It wouldn’t be a celebration of nighttime entertainment without a foodie guide to go along with all the fun. Here are some new food options at Disneyland.
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor – Uni-cone: Banana, cherry, and pistachio ice cream in a white chocolate-dipped waffle cone with fantasy sprinkles.
- Hub Churro Cart – Blueberry-flavored sugar-dusted churro with cream cheese icing
- Fantasyland Theatre and Small World Popcorn Carts – Electric Sweet & Salty Popcorn: Colorful sweet kettle corn combined with butter-flavored popcorn
- Fantasyland and Small World Churro Carts – Electric Sprinkle Dip: Citrus buttercream frosting with sprinkles
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe – Parade Macaron: Yellow macaron filled with honey buttercream and lemon curd. (shown below, loved it!) Mine Cart Brownie: White chocolate-dipped dark chocolate brownie topped with sugar gem. (shown below, very rich and chocolatey) Linzer Cookie: Citrus shortbread linzer cookie with strawberry glaze.
- Plaza Inn – Parade Confetti Bundt Cake: Confetti cake with blue sopapilla filling, cream cheese glaze, and Main Street Electrical Parade chocolate décor.
- Refreshment Corner – Electric Relish Dog: All-beef hot dog, bacon, mustard cheese sauce, electric relish, and sport peppers served with a choice of a Cuties mandarin orange or small bag of chips. Firefly Chips: Corn chips topped with chili, cheddar, Monterey Jack, and jalapeños
- Red Rose Taverne- Pineapple Night Light: Fresh pineapple purée and Sprite with a glow cube
- Town Square Churro Cart – Parade Dreams: Colorful sugar-dusted churro with fruit drizzle garnished with rainbow candy.
- Town Square Popcorn Cart – Electric Pop: Brightly-colored kettle corn.
- Available at Various Locations Throughout Disneyland Park Throughout the Summer Season: Light-up Turtle Premium Sipper and Light-up Elliott Dragon Premium Bucket. They are adorable in person!
“Disneyland Forever” fireworks
The spectacular “Disneyland Forever” fireworks show returns. The fireworks show takes place at 9:30 p.m. nightly in the summer through September 1, 2022. This beloved spectacular show originally debuted in 2015 for the 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration.
“Disneyland Forever” features two original songs: the theme “Live the Magic” and the inspiring closing song “Kiss Goodnight,” written by Disney Legend Richard M. Sherman. I am so happy to see this show return, I can’t wait to see it again! I have lots of tips, details, recommendations etc. over on my everything you need to know about fireworks post. Where to view, maps, exit strategies and more tips found on that post. There is a dining package offered at the Tomorrowland Terrace for $60 per person. It includes your choice of entree with side, a dessert selection and unlimited soft drinks, bottled water or hot chocolate. I have not done this experience but the views from Star Wars Launch Bay look amazing.
How to fit in all three shows at Disneyland in one night
Can you see all three nighttime shows in Disneyland on the same night? The answer is yes and I’m going to share two different strategies to accomplish this goal.
- 8:45 p.m. Watch the Main Street Electrical Light parade in Town Square. Fireworks follow immediately after the parade. Stay in the area. Stand in front of the flagpole facing the castle.
- 9:30 p.m. Watch the Disneyland Forever fireworks. Then hop on the train at the Main Street depot after the fireworks end. Move quickly this area gets congested fast! Take the train around to New Orleans Square. Hop off and go find a spot for Fantasmic. You’re waiting for the 2nd show. It’s way less crowded and easier to find a spot. Ask a cast member if you can sit in the dining package area. If there’s room you can sit there. They only allow this during the 2nd show if there’s space.
- 10:30 p.m. watch Fantasmic
- 9:00 p.m. watch Fantasmic along the Rivers of America. Fireworks follow immediately after Fantasmic. Stay in the area. Move towards the water and iron gate in front of the stage. You’ll get to see projections on the water and fireworks up in the sky. See photos below.
- 9:30 p.m. Watch the Disneyland Forever fireworks along the Rivers of America.
- 10:45 p.m. Watch the Main Street Electrical Light parade along Main Street or in the hub. This is the 2nd parade so it will be easier to find a seat for this showing.
In Strategy 2 you won’t see the fireworks in front of the castle. You can still see projections, music and fireworks but your view is different. So keep that in mind when deciding which strategy works best for you. And there is a longer time to wait between the fireworks and parade. But both strategies are doable if you’re willing to stay late.
World of Color
You don’t want to miss the return of the amazing World of Color nighttime water show in Disney California Adventure. There are two available times to see the show at 9:00 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. times are subject to change. We now have details how to obtain a viewing spot for World of Color. All the information you need plus tips, a map of all the viewing locations and other suggestions is found here.
And more exciting news, the return of special dining packages, World of Color Dessert Party, featuring tons of yummy dishes as well as reserved viewing of a select spectacular, cost $84 per person. Indulge in sweet delights including raspberry cookies, cheesecake, and Mickey crispies located at Paradise Gardens Park.
Enjoy this party before the show in a special viewing area of World of Color. Please arrive 60 minutes prior to the start of the show. Read my full review of the dessert party. The World of Color dining packages at Wine Country Trattoria. Prior to the show, enjoy a delicious 3-course meal, including dishes like chicken parmesan, fettuccine alfredo, salmon, roasted vegetable lasagna, and tiramisu to name a few. Simply check in with your host or server about upgrading your reservation to the dining package! Or another dining package option at Storytellers Café at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Indulge in an all-you-care-to-enjoy dinner buffet with specialty sweets and a non-alcoholic beverage followed by reserved seating for World of Color. Upon arrival for your reservation, just let your server or the host know you want an upgrade to this exciting enhancement.
Fantasmic! is back
Seeing Mickey back up on the stage along the Rivers of America was so heart warming. It may have even brought a tear to my eye. I love this dazzling show on the water at nighttime. During the summer this show runs twice a night at 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Read about Fantasmic! viewing locations, dining package options and more! But I do recommend seeing Fantasmic on one of your nights in Disneyland.
If this is your first visit back to Disneyland since it’s reopened make sure you read up on the lastest changes here.
Looking for the best time to go to Disneyland check out the crowd calendar.
If you need discounted tickets, discounted hotel rooms or help booking your trip this post is for you!