Nighttime entertainment returns to Disneyland, Main Street Electrical Light parade, Disneyland Forever fireworks, World of Color and Fantasmic. This is fantastic news and so exciting to see fan favorites returning after a long wait! On April 22, 2022 three shows are returning, Main Street Electrical Light parade (celebrating 50 years), Disneyland Forever fireworks show (from Disneyland’s 60th Diamond celebration) and World of Color over in Disney California Adventure. Then Fantasmic returns to the Rivers of America in Disneyland on May 28, 2022. Below I will talk about each show and all the other exciting things in conjunction with these shows like dining packages, tips and an all new foodie guide released by Disney Parks Blog.
Main Street Electrical Light parade
“Main Street Electrical Parade” returns to Disneyland park and celebrates its 50th anniversary. There are two times to see this parade at 8:45 p.m and 10:30 p.m. Times are subject to change and will as we head into summer months. This nighttime spectacular will return with an all-new, enchanted grand finale that celebrates the theme of togetherness. A new grand finale float with scenes from more than a dozen Disney and Pixar stories, including “Encanto.” Sparkling lights depict the Casita, magical butterflies, and Miracle Candle from the film, with Mirabel and her cousin Antonio on the float. The new float comprises of seven segments stretching 118 feet in length, making it one of the longest and grandest units in the parade’s 50-year history.
I have a detailed blog post with parade tips found here. You’ll find my favorite parade spots, a map of the parade route, tips for watching with kids and more. Be sure to read that post before your trip. Disney announced another fun way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the “Main Street Electrical Parade,” with an all new dining package at the Plaza Inn in Disneyland. You reserve a time to eat lunch from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., cost for adult $40 and child (ages 3-9) $25 plus tax. Magic key holder discounts may apply. Your meal includes their world-famous fried chicken, house-made mac and cheese, oven-roasted carrots, baby wedge salad, Mickey-shaped sweet honey cornbread a decadent berry cheesecake and fountain beverage or bottled water. After your meal no matter what time you eat, you’ll receive a voucher for access later in the evening to the parade’s first viewing in a reserved area.
The parade reserved viewing area is in front of the train station in Town Square. At least this is where is has been in the past. We won’t know for sure until opening day, but I’d guess it’s the same. This is a great way to view the parade without the need to save your spot. But don’t wait until the last minute to show up at the reserved viewing area, remember you’re not the only one who purchased a dining package. I’d still suggest arriving to your reserved area 25-30 minutes before the parade starts. The viewing area is standing only. Reservations for now open for the “Main Street Electrical Parade” dining package in the app or on the Disneyland website.
It wouldn’t be a celebration of nighttime entertainment without a foodie guide to go along with all the fun. Starting April 22nd look for some fun new food options at Disneyland.
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor – Uni-cone: Banana, cherry, and pistachio ice cream in a white chocolate-dipped waffle cone with fantasy sprinkles.
- Hub Churro Cart – Blueberry-flavored sugar-dusted churro with cream cheese icing
- Fantasyland Theatre and Small World Popcorn Carts – Electric Sweet & Salty Popcorn: Colorful sweet kettle corn combined with butter-flavored popcorn
- Fantasyland and Small World Churro Carts – Electric Sprinkle Dip: Citrus buttercream frosting with sprinkles
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe – Parade Macaron: Yellow macaron filled with honey buttercream and lemon curd. Mine Cart Brownie: White chocolate-dipped dark chocolate brownie topped with sugar gem. Linzer Cookie: Citrus shortbread linzer cookie with strawberry glaze.
- Plaza Inn – Parade Confetti Bundt Cake: Confetti cake with blue sopapilla filling, cream cheese glaze, and Main Street Electrical Parade chocolate décor.
- Refreshment Corner – Electric Relish Dog: All-beef hot dog, bacon, mustard cheese sauce, electric relish, and sport peppers served with a choice of a Cuties mandarin orange or small bag of chips. Firefly Chips: Corn chips topped with chili, cheddar, Monterey Jack, and jalapeños
- Red Rose Taverne- Pineapple Night Light: Fresh pineapple purée and Sprite with a glow cube
- Town Square Churro Cart – Parade Dreams: Colorful sugar-dusted churro with fruit drizzle garnished with rainbow candy.
- Town Square Popcorn Cart – Electric Pop: Brightly-colored kettle corn.
- Available at Various Locations Throughout Disneyland Park Throughout the Summer Season: Light-up Turtle Premium Sipper and Light-up Elliott Dragon Premium Bucket (these are going to be very popular!
“Disneyland Forever” fireworks
The spectacular “Disneyland Forever” fireworks show returns. The fireworks show will only take place on Fri-Sun at 9:30 p.m. And Mickey’s Mix Magic with projections-only will happen during the week (Monday through Thursday) until late spring. At that time, “Disneyland Forever” fireworks will then run nightly in the summer. This beloved spectacular show originally debuted in 2015 for the 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration.
“Disneyland Forever” features two original songs: the theme “Live the Magic” and the inspiring closing song “Kiss Goodnight,” written by Disney Legend Richard M. Sherman. I am so happy to see this show return, I can’t wait to see it again! I have lots of tips, details, recommendations etc. over on my everything you need to know about fireworks post. Where to view, maps, exit strategies and more tips found on that post.
World of Color
You don’t want to miss the return of the amazing World of Color nighttime water show in Disney California Adventure. There are two available times to see the show at 9:00 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. times are subject to change. We now have details how to obtain a viewing spot for World of Color. All the information you need plus tips, a map of all the viewing locations and other suggestions is found here.
And more exciting news, the return of special dining packages, World of Color Dessert Party, featuring tons of yummy dishes as well as reserved viewing of a select spectacular, cost $84 per person. Indulge in sweet delights including raspberry cookies, cheesecake, and Mickey crispies located at Paradise Gardens Park.
Enjoy this party before the show in a special viewing area of World of Color. Please arrive 60 minutes prior to the start of the show. You can book the dessert party starting April 20th. Coming soon, the World of Color dining packages at Wine Country Trattoria. Prior to the show, enjoy a delicious 3-course meal, including dishes like chicken parmesan, fettuccine alfredo, salmon, roasted vegetable lasagna, and tiramisu to name a few. Simply check in with your host or server about upgrading your reservation to the dining package! Or another dining package option at Storytellers Café at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Indulge in an all-you-care-to-enjoy dinner buffet with specialty sweets and a non-alcoholic beverage followed by reserved seating for World of Color. Upon arrival for your reservation, just let your server or the host know you want an upgrade to this exciting enhancement.
Lastly we don’t have much detail about the return of Fantasmic other than the date on May 28th. As soon as information is shared I will update this post, so check back before your summer trip!
If this is your first visit back to Disneyland since it’s reopened make sure you read up on the lastest changes here.
Looking for the best time to go to Disneyland check out the crowd calendar.
If you need discounted tickets, discounted hotel rooms or help booking your trip this post is for you!