Disney announced the new ticketed event called A Touch of Disney. It will take place inside Disney California Adventure beginning on March 18th. The ticket includes some of our favorite Disney food and beverages, Disney characters will be out, shopping for Disney merchandise and fun photo opportunities. The buzz surrounding the ticketed event at Disney’s California Adventure is so exciting. Finally after a year we are seeing some signs of movement in the right direction. In this post I will share the latest information and details about the event that Disney has shared. And you better believe I will be there in person to experience it all. I wonder if we will be able to get a Jack Jack’s Num Num cookie? By the way if you’re craving one, here’s the recipe!
Here’s what we know about the event. It will take place inside Disney California Adventure beginning March 18th and offered Thursdays – Mondays from noon to 8 p.m. Entrance into the event requires a ticket purchased in advance. The ticket to the event includes admission, parking at the Mickey and Friends parking structure, unlimited downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos and a $25 A Touch of Disney dining card valid towards the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages at select dining locations. Enjoy food like Dole Whips, Monte Cristo sandwiches, lobster nachos, Walt’s Chili and more! You’re going to want to print off this FREE printable food checklist. This list shows all of the available food at the event, where to find it and which locations offer Mobile Ordering. Click on the photo below to print and start planning!
The following restaurants will be open and many offer Mobile Ordering. I recommend using this option. If you want something at a location that doesn’t offer Mobile ordering go there early on before the line builds.
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats (mobile order)
- Award Wieners (mobile order)
- Bayside Brews (mobile order)
- Cappuccino Cart (NEW mobile order)
- Cocina Cucamonga (mobile order)
- Cozy Cone Motel (NEW mobile order)
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
- Pacific Wharf Distribution Co. (mobile order)
- Poultry Palace
- Rita’s Baja Blenders (mobile order)
- Smokejumpers Grill (mobile order)
- Sonoma Terrace (mobile order)
The following locations will be open during A Touch of Disney and reservations are accepted at Lamplight Lounge and Carthay Circle Lounge-Alfresco Dining. Advanced dining reservations are recommended. See further down in this post under Dining Reservations for more tips and information. Also a new feature will be available in the Disneyland app. Use the app to join the walk-up waiting list the day of the event. Once reservations are gone it will say walk-up list is at capacity in the app.
In addition 6 marketplace food booths will be available with an option to Mobile order. Plus food carts will be selling regular churros, specialty churros, popcorn, turkey legs, chimichangas and more! For a complete list scroll to the bottom of this blog post under Foodie Guide for a list of everything served at the different dining locations during the event.
And if you’re wondering about pricing on the food, some of the menus in the Disneyland app are updated with all NEW prices. Keep checking the app for updates. Here is an example of pricing at Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats.
The introductory $75 ticket includes admission, parking, PhotoPass and $25 to spend on food. Tickets can be purchased on Disneyland.com beginning March 4th for the following dates from March 18 through April 5, 2021. Future tickets will be released for more dates on a rolling basis until the experience ends. There is no end date at this time. Tickets must be purchased in advance online at Disneyland.com for a specific date (subject to availability). Limit 8 tickets per person. Tickets are not required for guests under 3 years old.
The event will take place inside the entire park, but no attractions or entertainment will be going on. Guests will be able to wander around and visit areas like Cars Land, Pixar Pier, Pacific Wharf, Grizzly Peak and more. Currently you can go into Disney California Adventure and stroll BVS, Hollywood Land or even dine at Carthay Circle. No ticket is required to do these things. For details about what you can do currently read more about visiting Buena Vista Street with NO ticket or entrance fee required. But once these ticketed events start you will no longer be able to go into Buena Vista Street starting on March 15th. Entrance into Disney California Adventure will require a ticket to A Touch of Disney.
There will be two restaurants offering advanced table reservations. Beginning March 11th you can make dining reservations at Lamplight Lounge and Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining. They will also have walk up dining available on the day of the events. Note that a dining reservation does not grant you access into DCA, you must have a ticket to A Touch of Disney. I shared my PRO tips to getting hard to snag dining reservations in this post if you need help!
Photo Fun at the event only
During the event, A Touch of Disney, guests will have the opportunity to grab photos at iconic locations. Plus new photo-worthy spots with pals like Mater and Lightning McQueen may be seen in Cars Land, or Joy and Sadness at Pixar Pier. All of the photos that are taken at the event with a PhotoPass photographer are yours to keep as a special memory from the event. Unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos are included in your ticket price.
During the event many shopping locations will be open to shop in. Here is a complete list of which stores will be open in Disney California Adventure.
- Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff
- Elias & Co.
- Julius Katz & Sons
- Off the Page
- Seaside Souvenirs
- Trolley Treats
- Kingswell Camera Shop
Legacy Passholders Corner
During the A Touch of Disney ticketed event, Legacy Passholders (previously called Annual Passholders) can enjoy special access to the Legacy Passholder Corner. In celebration of Disney California Adventure park’s 20th anniversary, Disney is offering special gifts for passholders ONLY. The LP Corner will be located in Paradise Gardens, open noon – 6 pm every day during the event. Exclusive gifts (while supplies last) and opportunities include…
- Special Legacy Passholder-themed magnet
- Special button featuring a unique design
- DCA 20th anniversary-themed photo opportunity
- And view the historical timeline charting the evolution of DCA on display
Capacity will be limited at the event which will be nice. Social distancing, masks and all the current safety protocols put in place will be enforced. You can also read more about what it looks like to safely visit Downtown Disney. Visit Disneyland.com/ATouchofDisney to learn important details about the experience.
It makes me happy to think about strolling along Pixar Pier eating a churro!!!! While I will miss the whirling sounds of the Incredicoaster and other attractions, the sites and smells will be enough for now. I plan to be at one of the first event dates where I will share everything! So make sure you’re following along on Instagram! Plus I will share a full blog post with all the latest news once I’ve experienced it for myself.
Food and Wine tabs from 2020
Many have asked can if you can use old Food and Wine tabs from 2020? The answer is no, Disney will not accept unused tabs from last year. But the good news is you can call 888-231-7639 and get a refund of $7 per unused tab. Or you can fill out a form online here to request a refund.
There are many hotels that are closed still surrounding the Disneyland Resort. None of the Disney resort hotels are open, nor will they be open by the time of the event. I do know that the Anaheim hotel located directly across the street is open. Read more about that hotel here. And if you’re looking for other hotel options nearby check out this post.
Is parking included with my ticket? Yes parking in the Mickey and Friends parking structure is included with your ticket. But only in this parking structure. The Mickey & Friends Parking Structure will open for parking for the experience beginning at 11:30 AM.
Can I still go into Buena Vista Street if I don’t have a ticket for the event? No, Buena Vista Street will remain open as an extension of the Downtown Disney District through March 14, and will be closed beginning March 15. Beginning March 18, Buena Vista Street will become part of A Touch of Disney and a ticket will be required to go inside.
What time do tickets go on sale? Disney has only announced the date tickets go on sale, March 4th. Does that mean midnight, 8 a.m. we don’t know. If you are a Legacy Passholder you can get insider information about the time tickets go on sale from their FB page. But that’s all the information I know. If an exact time is shared I will update and share here!
Foodie Guide for Touch of Disney
Disney Parks Blog shared the official Foodie Guide including everything that will be sold during the event. I am so happy that we have returning staple Disney foods along with some new options to try. Here are some of the highlights I’m most excited about! Remember to print your Touch of Disney food checklist located near the top of this blog post. Check and circle your favorites with this planning guide before you go!
Award Wieners (Mobile Order) – Original Corn Dog, Hot-Link Corn Dog, Cheddar Cheese Stick, Carrot Cake Funnel Fries (new)
Willie’s Churro Cart – original churro, Fluffernutter Churro
Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
- Baked Bay Scallop with Creamy Potato Chowder
- Moroccan-roasted Chicken Meatballs
- Duck Confit Empanada
- Carthay Shrimp Spring Roll
- Tortilla Soup with Grilled Chicken, Avocado, Tomato, Whipped Crema
- Apple Pie Sundae with Warm Apples, Caramel, and Brown Sugar Chantilly
- Hazelnut Crunch Mickey Pop
- Angus Beef Sliders
- Lobster Nachos
- Pastrami-spiced Impossible Burger (new)
- Spotlight Nachos: Barbacoa
- Cheddar Burger
Bayside Brews (Mobile Order) – Mickey Mouse Pretzel with Cheese
Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats (Mobile Order)
- It’s Lemon! Soft Serve (plant-based)
- DOLE Whip Pineapple Soft Serve (plant-based; from Tiki Juice Bar)
- It’s Lemon and Pineapple Swirl! (plant-based; new)
Poultry Palace – Chicken Drumstick Box, Jumbo Smoked Turkey Leg
Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff – Russell Cake Pop (chocolate cake pop), Dug Cake Pop (vanilla cake pop), World of Color Krispy and other candy assortment
Cocina Cucamonga (Mobile Order)
- Bengal Beef Skewer with Sweet Zulu Sauce (from Bengal Barbecue)
- Banyan Beef Skewer – Hot and spicy (from Bengal Barbecue)
- Chieftain Chicken Skewer with Polynesian sauce (from Bengal Barbecue)
- Jalapeño-Bacon Peanut Brittle (new)
Rita’s Baja Blenders (Mobile Order)
Cappuccino Cart (New Mobile Order)
Pacific Wharf Distribution Co. (Mobile Order)
Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
- World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae – Vanilla ice cream and handmade hot fudge topped with whipped cream, diced almonds, and a cherry
- Gold Rush Sundae – Vanilla ice cream, sea salt, almonds, caramel sauce, whipped cream topped with a Ghirardelli SQUARES White Chocolate Caramel (new)
- Ocean Beach Sundae – Vanilla ice cream, sea salt, caramel sauce, and handmade hot fudge topped with whipped cream, sea salt, and a Ghirardelli SQUARES Milk Chocolate
Smokejumpers Grill (Mobile Order)
- Brisket Mac ‘n Cheese (new)
- ½ Monte Cristo Sandwich (from Blue Bayou Restaurant)
- Petite Impossible Burger (new)
- Impossible Chili Waffle Fries (new)
- S’mores Shake (new)
Grizzly Peak Churro Cart – regular Churro and Horchata Churro with Sweetened Condensed Milk
Sonoma Terrace (Mobile Order)
- Bavarian Pretzel
- Mini Meatball Sub
- Toasted Cheese Sandwich with Tomato Basil Soup (from Jolly Holiday Bakery Café)
Cozy Cone Motel (3 cones will be open)
Churros (New Mobile Order)
- Churro with Dipping Sauce
- Churro Milk & Cookies served with cookies & cream dipping sauce
Ice Cream Cones (New Mobile Order)
- Soft-Serve Ice Cream – Vanilla, Chocolate, Chocolate-Vanilla Twist
- “Route” Beer Float
Chili Cone Queso (New Mobile Order)
- Chili Cone Queso Cone
- Bacon Mac & Cheese Cone
Here’s the menu for each of the six Open-Air Marketplace food booths.
- Disney D-Lish – Very Very Berry Mickey Waffle (new) and Walt’s Chili from Carnation Café and Farmstand Punch
- California Craft Brews – Pepperoni pizza egg rolls and assorted craft beers
- LA Style – Pork Belly Bánh Mì, Impossible Cheeseburger Mac ‘n Cheese and Honey Bourbon Lemonade
- Golden Dreams – Carbonara Mac ‘n Cheese, sweet & spicy chicken wings from Trader Sam’s and strawberry rose lemonade
- Uncork California – Try a mimosa flight with an assorted California cheese plate
- Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo – chicken gumbo from Café Orleans and grilled beef tenderloin slider and watermelon Agua Fresca
For a complete Foodie Guide from Disney Parks blog head over here. And congratulations if you made it to the end of this post!!! There will be more to share once I attend the event myself! The announcement of A Touch of Disney is hopeful. It’s one step closer to safely reopening Disneyland! I can’t wait for some Disney magic, even in small doses!