The Disneyland park has reopened after over a year being closed, magic returned on April 30, 2021, for California residents only! Disneyland and Disney California Adventure have limited capacity at the time, 25%. In this post I’ll share all the details about how, when and where to get tickets for the parks. Plus what will be open in each park as far as attractions and dining. Also character, entertainment and other offerings that will look a little different. This post contains affiliate links which means I make a little something when you purchase through the link with no extra cost to you.
Theme park reservations
To enter Disneyland park or Disney California Adventure park, both a theme park reservation and valid admission ticket for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up. Guests must have a valid theme park admission ticket in order to make a reservation. Theme park reservations will be available online, in advance only, for a specific date, subject to availability. Reservations will be limited until further notice to only California residents in groups no larger than 3 households and 10 people total per reservation. Proof of residency may be required. Theme park reservations can only be made up to 60 days in advance. If you have a multi-day ticket, you must make a park reservation for each date of your visit. Tip: Be sure to log in to your Disney account first to link your theme park tickets prior to accessing the park reservation system. See how to make a park reservation, below!
Need theme park tickets?
Single day tickets will be available for purchase to California residents only on the Disneyland website on April 15th. But if you want to purchase 2 day or more tickets I recommend logging onto the Get Away Today website and purchasing here to get discounted multi-day Disneyland tickets. Keep in mind multi day tickets have to be used within 13 days of the first day of use. And these tickets can be used for any day, no certain days blocked or based on tiers. I always purchase my tickets through through Get Away Today for a few reasons. One, they are a Disney partner, the same tickets, but at a discounted price. Two, their website is user friendly and they have top notch customer service. The tickets once purchased are emailed to you immediately and then you can make your theme park reservation. You will link your tickets to your Disneyland account and make a park reservation as explained above in the graphic. I 100% trust and guarantee these tickets for those who have never purchased through Get Away Today. I have worked with them for years and they have worked with Disney for over 30 years!
Key dates to remember:
- Reservations starting May 6th for Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen June 15
- Paradise Garden Grill (opening May 13)
- Alfresco Tasting Terrace (opening May 20 exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests; online reservations available May 18)
- Blue Bayou Restaurant (opening May 27; online reservations available May 18)
- Napa Rose (opening May 28 – dinner only; online reservations available May 18)
- Storytellers Café (opening May 28 – breakfast and dinner – no characters; online reservations available May 18)
- GCH Craftsman Bar (New! Excited to announce online reservations available May 28)
- Special entrance to Disney California Adventure from the Grand hotel returns May 28th
- Starting May 28th, the following locations will be open to all guests. GCH Craftsman Bar, GCH Craftsman Grill (mobile order available), Hearthstone Lounge (mobile order available), Napa Rose (dinner only) and Storytellers Café (breakfast and dinner; no characters)
- Avengers Campus opens – June 4th
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen June 15
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (reopening June 26th)
Park Hopper Tickets
Guests who purchase or have a Park Hopper ticket and an appropriate park reservation may visit the second park on the same day beginning at 1 PM. Please check the Park Hours calendar and the Disneyland app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, as they could start earlier at a later date, depending on the day and park. Guests with Park Hopper tickets must make a park reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting the other park. There have been no problems park hopping from park to park.
Everything you need to know about FOOD
There is so much to cover with the food available, changes in menus, planning your meals now and more that I’ve created a whole other blog post. Hop over there for everything from mobile ordering to where you can find your favorite foods and my TOP picks!
What will be open and closed in each park?
Here is a list of attractions, dining and shopping available when the parks reopen. I have also included what will be closed. This list will continue to be updated as things open up in each park. So check back when you visit the parks. At the end of these lists I have free printables of what is open in each park and what will be closed. You can use the lists to start making your plans!
Disneyland attractions OPEN
- Alice in Wonderland
- Astro Orbitor
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Disneyland Railroad
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Gadget’s Go Coaster
- Haunted Mansion
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- “it’s a small world”
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad Tea Party
- Main Street Vehicles
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – virtual queue
- Surprise Character Sightings
- Tarzan’s Treehouse
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
Disneyland attractions CLOSED
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (reopening June 26th)
- Chip ’n Dale Treehouse
- Davy Crockett’s Canoes
- The Disney Gallery
- Disneyland Monorail
- Donald’s Boat
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- Goofy’s Playhouse
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Jungle Cruise
- Main Street Cinema
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Mickey’s House and Meet Mickey
- Minnie’s House
- Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Sailing Ship Colombia
- Sleeping Beauty Castle walk through
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
Disneyland Park Dining OPEN
- Bengal Barbecue (mo)
- Café Orleans
- French Market Restaurant (mo)
- Galactic Grill (mo)
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor (mo)
- Ice Cream Carts
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café (mo)
- Little Red Wagon (mo)
- Market House
- Milk Stand (mo)
- Mint Julep Bar (mo)
- Plaza Inn (mo)
- Red Rose Taverne (mo)
- River Belle Terrace
- Ronto Roasters (mo)
- Ship to Shore Marketplace
- Stage Door Café (mo)
- The Tropical Hideaway (mo)
- Toon Up Treats
*Above (mo) means mobile ordering available.
Disneyland Park Dining CLOSED
- Alien Pizza Planet
- Blue Bayou Restaurant (opening May 27th)
- Carnation Cafe
- Daisy’s Diner
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
- Edelweiss Snacks
- Fruit Carts
- The Golden Horseshoe
- Goofy’s Freeze
- Harbour Galley
- Hungry Bear Restaurant
- Kat Saka’s Kettle
- Lemonade Carts
- Maurice’s Treats
- Oga’s Cantina
- Pluto’s Dog House
- Pretzel Carts
- Rancho Del Zocalo
- Refreshment Corner
- Royal Street Veranda
- Tiki Juice Bar
- Tropical Imports
- Troubadour Tavern
Disneyland Park Shops OPEN
- Adventureland Bazaar
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Black Spire Outfitters
- Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen
- Creature Stall
- Cristal d’Orleans
- Crystal Arts
- Disney Clothiers, Ltd.
- Disney Showcase
- Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
- Droid Depot
- First Order Cargo
- Glow Carts
- “it’s a small world” Toy Shop
- Kaman’s Art Shoppe
- Le Mascarade d’Orleans
- Little Green Men Store Command
- The Mad Hatter in Fantasyland
- Main Street Magic Shop
- Pieces of Eight
- Pioneer Mercantile
- Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers
- The Star Trader
- Toydarian Toymaker
Disneyland Park Shops CLOSED
- 20th Century Music Company
- Bonanza Outfitters
- The Briar Patch
- China Closet
- Fairy Tale Treasures
- Gag Factory – Toontown Five & Dime
- Le Bat en Rouge
- The Mad Hatter on Main Street, USA
- Main Street Photo Supply Co.
- Mlle. Antoinette’s Parfumerie
- New Century Jewelry
- Pooh Corner
- Port Royal Curios and Curiosities
- Resistance Supply
- Royal Reception
- Silhouette Studio
- Westward Ho Trading Company
Disney California Adventure Attractions OPEN
- Games of Pixar Pier
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Grizzly River Run
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Non-Swinging
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Swinging
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Silly Symphony Swings
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Surprise Character Sightings
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Disney California Adventure Attractions CLOSED
- Animation Academy
- The Bakery Tour
- Golden Zephyr
- Red Car Trolley
- Redwood Creek Challenge
- Sorcerer’s Workshop
- Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar
Disney California Adventure Dining OPEN
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats (mo)
- Angry Dogs
- Award Wieners (mo)
- Cappuccino Cart (mo)
- Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (mo)
- Cozy Cone Motel – Cones 1-3 (Churros, Ice Cream, Cone-coctions) (mo)
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
- Flo’s V8 Cafe (mo)
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
- Hollywood Lounge (mo)
- Ice Cream Carts
- Lamplight Lounge
- Pacific Wharf Distribution Co. (mo)
- Poultry Palace
- Rita’s Baja Blenders (mo)
- Señor Buzz Churros
- Smokejumpers Grill (mo)
- Sonoma Terrace (mo)
- Studio Catering Co.(mo)
*Above (mo) means mobile ordering available.
Disney California Adventure Dining CLOSED
- Bayside Brews
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
- Carthay Circle Restaurant – outdoor dining at Alfresco is open
- Chiller at Paradise Gardens
- Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
- Corn Dog Castle
- Fairfax Market
- Fillmore’s Taste-In
- Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums
- Lemonade carts
- Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Mendocino Terrace
- Mortimer’s Market
- Pacific Wharf Cafe
- Paradise Garden Grill (reopens May 13th)
- Pretzel carts
- Wine Country Trattoria
Disney California Adventure Shops OPEN
- Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff
- Collector’s Warehouse
- Disneyland Backlot Premiere Shop
- Elias & Co.
- Glow Carts
- Kaman’s Art Shoppe
- Kingswell Camera Shop
- Knick’s Knacks
- Off the Page
- Paradise Pier Sunglass Cart
- Ramone’s House of Body Art
- Rushin’ River Outfitters
- Seaside Souvenirs
- Studio Store
- Trolley Treats
Disney California Adventure Shops CLOSED
- Embarcadero Gifts
- Gone Hollywood
- Julius Katz & Sons
- Midway Mercantile
- Radiator Springs Curios
- Sarge’s Surplus Hut
Note: In both parks some attractions, dining locations, stores, shopping experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in capacity
To make life easier I have created lists to print. First up a list of all attractions and dining locations that will be open at Disneyland! Click here to print.
Next a list of all attractions and dining locations that will be open at Disney California Adventure! Click here to print.
Last a list of all the attractions and dining locations that will be CLOSED at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Click here to print.
Services NOT available when the parks reopen
- Disney MaxPass
- Magic Morning
- Extra Magic Hour
- Parades and Nighttime Spectaculars
- Character Meet and Greet
- Magical Makeovers at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Single Rider Queues
- Tram for Mickey and Friends Parking Structure
Characters will be in the parks in new ways that are sure to entertain and delight guests There will not be traditional lines to meet characters and get autographs. Instead it will be more of a character sighting and you can take a socially distanced selfie with characters throughout the park. Here are a few of the locations we know will be available over in Disneyland.
- Mickey Mouse and some of his pals will be at the Main Street, U.S.A. railroad station. Or perhaps they may be found outside their homes in Mickey’s Toontown.
- Disney Princesses like Mulan or Belle at the Royal Theatre in Fantasyland
- Find Alice over near It’s a Small World
- Captain Jack Sparrow and Redd from the balconies in New Orleans Square
- Miguel Pixar’s “Coco” near Rancho del Zocolo in Frontierland.
- Rey, Chewbacca and Vi Moradi may be spotted above the speeder garage at Black Spire Station in Galaxy’s Edge
- Kylo Ren plus Stormtroopers will be patrolling the platform of the TIE Echelon starfighter
Character sightings at Disney California Adventure park may include friends appearing at Carthay Circle up on the balcony and over along Pixar Pier at the bandshell.
- Vampirina, Doc McStuffins and other Disney Jr. characters may say hello from the stage of the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
- Anna and Elsa near the fountain in front of Carthay Circle Lounge.
- Mickey in his Buena Vista outfit and other characters near the fountain as well.
- Lightning McQueen, Mater and Red will be out along Route 66.
- In Hollywood Land throughout the day you might see Black Widow, Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man, Black Panther and the Dora Milaje on Hollywood Backlot Stage. These Super Heroes will then be regular visitors at Avengers Campus after June 4th.
Daily park hours for Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are currently planned to be 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Visit Disneyland.com for operating hours on the day you wish to visit, as they are subject to change. You can find updated park hours in the app. On the home page scroll all the way to the bottom and view hours. They have hours posted as 9 AM to 7 PM in both parks until May 13th. Then starting May 14th hours change to 9 AM to 9 PM in both parks! Check the hours before you go!
There is PhotoPass available when the parks reopen. When purchasing Disney PhotoPass+ One Day, you’ll receive one day of all your available Disney PhotoPass photos plus select attraction and dining photos as digital downloads to share with family and friends. All this is included with Magic Shots and Animated Magic Shots—for one magical price of $19.99 for 1 day only. Purchase through the Disneyland app. There is another package option as well. Get all your Disney PhotoPass photos taken during one week for $78.00
Theme park parking will be available at the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures, located off Disneyland Drive for a $25 fee. The parking structure will open 30 minutes before the official park hours for that day. There will be no tram available at this time to take you to and from the parking structure. You will walk along the tram route just as guests did for A Touch of Disney. It takes about 12-15 minutes to walk to the gates. There will be a few parking options on the Harbor side as well. I have confirmed, The Anaheim hotel, will continue to offer parking for $15 during the week and $25 on the weekends. Plus the Anaheim Garden Walk is across Harbor and down the street. You pay by the hour at the Garden Walk to park. The first hour is free and then it’s $3 per hour to park up to $30 total for the day. Other possible hotel parking options: Tropicana, Grand Legacy only Sun-Thurs $10, Fairfield $25 or Best Western Park Place. These locations and prices are subject to change. Also note that the Toy Story Parking lot will not be open at this time. I will update when I have more news.
Opening weekend details
To help with physical distancing requirements, line ups will not be allowed prior to 6 a.m. on opening weekend. The parking structures and security screenings on both sides will open at 6 a.m. Note that state guidelines prohibit eating or drinking while waiting in line, so please finish your coffee/breakfast in the car first. And remember there are very little breakfast options open inside the parks. Read more on the reopening food post! Plan ahead, no food in lines in the Esplanade while waiting to get in!
Health and Safety
Health and Safety protocols are already in place in Downtown Disney. Face coverings will be required for guests age 2 and older. Physical distancing will be required throughout the park in queues and walkways. Hand sanitizers and hand washing stations are available throughout the parks. Read more about these new safety procedures here. For a contactless and cashless experience use mobile order available exclusively on the Disneyland App.
- For guests planning on staying at a Disneyland Resort property, hotel reservations do not guarantee park access. Guests will need to make theme park reservations on their own.
- If you plan to visit the theme parks during your stay, get your theme park reservation prior to making your hotel reservation.
- To find a hotel near Disneyland that is open for guests check here for pricing!
Guests with disabilities
The parks are very accommodating for guests with disabilities. Just as before Disney offers a DAS pass for guests. You can read more on their website here. At this time if you need to rent an ECV, wheelchair etc. you can find them at the front gates or at the Mickey & Friends parking structure. If you’d like to rent and secure a scooter, wheelchair etc. before you arrive, I have used A Scooter 4 U several times. Call Jerry at 562-697-7725 and tell him I sent you for 5% off your rental fee. He can deliver to hotels or meet you at the park.
- EVERYTHING you need to know about food, menus, my top picks and more can be found here.
- No date or information for out-of-state guests yet. I will be sure to update this post when I know!
- You can leave the park and go to Downtown Disney at any time and have no problem returning back inside a park.
- A new Annual Passport program will be coming by the end of this year. That’s all we know.
- Also Rider Switch/Swap will be available. To learn more about this great option for groups with children too young to ride click here.
- Lockers will only be available in the Esplanade (the area between the two parks) just outside to the west of Disneyland entrance and the east of DCA entrance. There will be no lockers available inside the parks. Subject to change.
- Rise of the Resistance will return with a virtual queue as before. Check this post for how to to get on this attraction.
- Downtown Disney parking and info found on this post.
- If you have questions about your tickets please call (714) 781-4636 for more information.
Check back on this post frequently if you’re planning a trip to Disneyland anytime soon. I will update as needed. Make sure you’re following along on Instagram for the most current day to day information and news!