The Disneyland Resort reopened on April 30, 2022 and here are some changes you need to know about menus, prices, how to order food and more. I’ll share with you some of my TOP food choices, why you should plan your meals ahead of time and tips for getting hard to snag dining reservations! This post contains affiliate links which means I make a little something when you purchase through the link with no extra cost to you.
- Cafe Orleans – no Pommes frites as a side, only available with the Monte Cristo
- Cafe Orleans – beignets are not on the menu
Then I did notice a price increase on my favorite meal for a deal, the combo from Jolly Holiday. I love the grilled cheese and tomato soup combo for two reasons. The price and the taste. When the parks closed this meal was $9.99 and it’s now $12.49. So don’t be shocked if some of your favorite foods have gone up in price.
My favorite recommendations that are available
- Cafe Orleans – Monte Cristo with Pommes Frites
- Jolly Holiday – grilled cheese and tomato soup combo
- Little Red Wagon – mobile order a corn dog, first time offered through the app!
- Mint Julep Bar – Mickey shaped beignets and Mint Julep
- Plaza Inn – mobile order for the first time ever the Fried chicken, potatoes, biscuit and veggies
- Tropical Hideaway – if you love Dole Whip they have it in 4 different flavors.
Disney California Adventure
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats – Pixar Pier Frosty Parfait
- Flo’s V8 Cafe – Flo’s Famous Fried Chicken plate or Ramone’s Low and Slow Club
- Lamplight Lounge – Spotlight Nachos: Barbacoa and the 2319 drink
These are just a few of my favorites I found. Plus vending carts are open selling popcorn, churros, pretzel and more. I have a whole blog post just about my favorite food and a FREE printable checklist of ALL the food found year round in the park.
Breakfast now available
BREAKFAST is back!!! This is not a drill. Run and grab those Mickey pancakes again!!!
Here’s a list of options for breakfast in Disneyland and DCA!
- Carnation Cafe – Mickey waffles, breakfast sandwich, buttermilk pancakes, breakfast skillet, overnight oats etc.
- Gallactic Grill – American Breakfast Burrito, French Toast Sticks, fruit etc.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery on Main Street serves … Egg Bacon Croissant with Fruit, Yogurt Parfait and lots of pastries (mobile order)
- Ship to Shore Marketplace (across from Big Thunder Mtn.) – breakfast chimichanga
- Ronto Roasters in Galaxy’s Edge serves … Ronto Morning Wrap and Ronto-less Garden Wrap (mobile order)
- Market House (Starbucks) on Main Street serves breakfast sandwiches
- Plaza Inn character dining breakfast buffet
Disney California Adventure options
- Pym Test Kitchen in Avengers Campus serves… Calculated Breakfast, Impossible Quantum Garden Breakfast, Ever-expanding Cinna-Pym Toast and a Spoonful of Cereal. More on food in Avengers Campus here
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe (Starbucks) on Buena Vista St. serves breakfast sandwiches.
- Shawarma Palace – Impossible Breakfast Sha-warm-up
- Cappuccino Cart serves a chorizo breakfast burrito
Nearby just inside the Grand Californian hotel…
- GCH Craftsman Grill serves … Belgian Waffle, Smoked Salmon Bagel Sandwich, Three-Cheese Quiche, American Breakfast, Biscuit French Toast, Avocado Toast and Breakfast Burrito
It’s great to see so many places that serve breakfast open again! You can look up the menus in the app ahead of time as well. Also I highly recommend using mobile order.
Mobile ordering new options
You may find that at some quick service locations the only way to get food is to mobile order. Disney is really trying to encourage less contact and more use of the Disneyland app. One added feature to mobile order that was not in place prior to the parks closing is the use of Disney gift cards. You can use a Disney gift card in the app to pay for your food!
So make sure you have the official Disneyland app downloaded before you go! And bring a battery charger for your phone cause you’re going to be using your phone a lot! You can find the external battery pack I use, here.
Schedule your meals
Before when the parks were open most people just found some place to eat when they were hungry. But with the new option to mobile order, things will be a little different. You will want to try and plan out your meals a little more than before. In the Disneyland app you have the ability to pick a time when you want to pick up your mobile order. See the photo below. I was able to plan out my times, order and pick up later in the day.
Since Disney is really trying to encourage people to use mobile order and not in person ordering, I suggest learning how to mobile order, read more here. What happens with mobile ordering is that as the day goes on the pick up times get further and further out. So for instance at 5 p.m. you decide you want to get some food from Stage Door Cafe and guess what you can’t actually pick it up until 7:30 p.m. due to the demand. So I highly recommend placing your mobile orders early in the day. You can start placing orders for anytime of day as early as 8:00 a.m. in the app from anywhere (even your hotel room). Plan your meals long before you actually want to eat. You can also push your mobile order pick up times out. Make sure to read all my mobile order tips. Some dining locations will NOT have a walk up and order line like Cozy Cone. Some places only had a mobile ordering option and no way to order in person. Below is a photo from Smokejumpers. You can see the mobile order window pick up lines.
How to get a dining reservation
You can now book dining reservations up to 60 days out. But a lot of restaurants don’t show anything at 60 days? Before the parks closed it was like clock work and there were lots of reservations at 60 days, but it’s a lot harder to get dining reservations now. I have some tips below and share how I scored Plaza Inn reservations before my trip last month. Further below is a list of locations that offer advanced dining reservations. To check for dining reservations you can use the official Disneyland app or check the website. I use the app and here’s my PRO TIP to getting dining reservations. I open up the dining tab in the app and then click reserve dining as shown below.
The app asks you to choose how many people in your group and then what day. When I checked to get a reservation on the day I wanted to go it said there were no reservations available when I just chose LUNCH as shown below …
But yet when I chose the specific time option for 3:00 p.m. it gave me two time slots within the lunch hour time frame. It gave me availability for 2:40 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. yet above it said there were no lunch reservations available! Lunch is served 11:30 a.m. to 3:55 p.m., so the system should have given me these time slots to choose from the first time, but it didn’t.
My point in showing you this PRO TIP is don’t choose LUNCH or DINNER when you’re looking for dining times. Always check every time slot on the day you want to go. You never know what will pop up. And with popular dining you take what you can get if it’s on the day you plan to be there. You can always cancel or continue to look for a better time up until the day before. Many people drop their reservations 24 hours before, so keep checking the app! Also don’t forget to cancel your reservation if you can’t go. The credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged $10 per person if you forget!
Get Free dining alerts
If you’re having trouble getting the date you want for a certain restaurant sign up for free dining alerts here from Mouse Dining. I used them on our trip to Walt Disney World last year and they are fantastic. Then I used them again last month. I was alerted several times about dining reservations for the Plaza Inn. And then for Carnation Cafe just last week. They also offer a paid version if you’re interested in receiving text alerts.
What time do dining reservations open up at Disneyland?
Everytime there is an announcement that new dining reservations will open up I am asked what time? Disney does not specify a time. They only announce the day. I have seen them drop at midnight PST, between 3-4 a.m. and at 7-8 a.m. There really is no direct answer because nobody knows. So on the morning it opens if you’re really wanting to book you’ll want to check frequently on the hours mentioned above. If you don’t get one use my tips above to secure one at some point during the 60 day window before you arrive. And they do take walk-ups on the day of at many locations like Carnation Cafe first thing in the morning.
Which restaurants offer dining reservations?
The following locations accept advanced dining reservations AND require a theme park ticket.
- Blue Bayou Restaurant
- Cafe Orleans
- Carnation Cafe
- Oga’s Cantina
- Plaza Inn character breakfast
- River Belle Terrace
Disney California Adventure restaurants
- Carthay Circle Restaurant & Alfresco Dining
- Lamplight Lounge
- Wine Country Trattoria
The following restaurants DO NOT require a theme park ticket. Note these locations are for all guests not just hotel guests.
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Storytellers Cafe (breakfast character dining, brunch characters Fri- Sun, dinner no characters)
- GCH Craftsman Bar
- Napa Rose
- Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
- Goofy’s Kitchen
Downtown Disney restaurants
- Naples Ristorante e Bar
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- Tortilla Jo’s
For more information about Downtown Disney read this post.
Join the walk up list
If you didn’t get a reservation before your park day here’s another option. A new feature available in the Disneyland app is the “Join the walk up list” option. If you want to dine somewhere and don’t have a dining reservation this option is new. You now have the opportunity to add your party to the mobile walk-up list at select table-service restaurants (subject to availability). You have to be near the restaurant in order to join. And the walk up list is not available until the restaurant is open. If it opens at 11 a.m. be sure to get on the app exactly at 11 a.m. and ask to join. Keep checking for a few minutes even if it says not available. Some locations only take walk-ups in the app and not in person. Check with the cast member at the restaurant to be sure.
Mobile or QR code check-in
Maximize your time—and minimize your contact with others—by checking in for dining reservations at select table-service restaurants via the Disneyland mobile app. Plus Disney has added QR codes to scan at some restaurants when you arrive to check-in as well.
Restaurants inside the Grand Californian Hotel
The following locations are available for ALL guests again. Non hotel guests can dine at these restaurants too or place a mobile order at the following locations.
- GCH Craftsman Bar
- GCH Craftsman Grill (mobile order available)
- Hearthstone Lounge (mobile order available)
- Napa Rose (dinner only)
- Storytellers Café (breakfast and dinner)
- Storyteller’s Cafe – Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast (Daily breakfast; Friday, Sat., and Sun. Brunch from 11 a.m.)
Character Dining returns
It’s so exciting that Disney announced the return of 3 character dining locations. The following restaurants will begin again as noted below.
- Storyteller’s Cafe – Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast is daily with characters, also serving brunch with characters Fri- Sun and daily serving dinner with no characters.
- Plaza Inn – Minnie & Friends Breakfast is back! For a full review and details about Plaza Inn and why it’s my favorite character dining check out this post.
- Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland hotel
Want to know what food is available year round check this post for a printable list to plan for your trip.
Need help with picky eaters or want to where to find food for your toddler check out this post.
Food allergies I’ve got you covered too. Check out this post for a list of allergy friendly restaurants.
Looking for hotels near Disneyland, I have over 20+ recommendations plus discounted rates here.
You mention that you can now use a gift card through the app. How can you add your gift card?
When it asks you for payment in the app you can add it as a form of payment now that was not there before.
Been trying to get Naples Pizza reservations but not having luck. Do they take walk ups? Or can you call on the day to put your name down?
Yes they take walk ups. I’d keep checking for a reservation they pop up occasionally.
I read about your tips on Mobile Ordering.
Question: can we do multiple mobile ordering early in the morning for many pick ups throughout the day?
You sure can and I highly recommend doing that. You can always go in the app and push the pick up time out. But pre-ordering in the app is so smart!
Do you know how early in the morning reservations open on a certain day? It’s gotta be like 4am or something… because I feel like things are full by 6am!! (I’m in PST) Thanks!!!
Disney has not announced the time they release dining reservations on the day they become available. Sorry.