Make your favorite soup from Carnation Cafe at home! I have a recipe for Baked Potato soup that came directly from City Hall at Disneyland. As you stroll down Main Street USA in Disneyland you will find one of my favorite sit down restaurants the Carnation Cafe. The food is delicious and the ambiance is spectacular. You can sit out on the patio and watch the hustle and bustle of Main Street while you dine.
One of my favorite meals at Carnation Cafe is the Baked Potato Soup! It’s perfect for lunch or dinner. So when I heard that I could get my hands on the recipe I knew I needed to get a copy and make it at home.
Recipes at City Hall
A few years ago I learned a fun tip. You could go to City Hall and get a copy of the recipe for your favorite food item(s) sold in the parks. This recipe that I’m going to share with you came directly from Disneyland, all credit goes to them. Sadly you can no longer ask for recipes at City Hall for food in the parks. They are transferring all recipes to a digital system, that will be available to everyone online at some point. I will be sure to share on this post when they are available. If you’re looking for another yummy Disneyland recipe head to this post.
Alright well let’s get started. First thing I gathered all my ingredients.
Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (optional)
- More Grated cheddar cheese
- More Bacon bits
- Green onions, chopped
- Sour Cream
1. In a pot, melt margarine and then saute celery and onions until tender.
2. Add flour and mix well. This will help thicken the soup.
3. Add chicken stock and stir well. Then add potatoes and bring to a boil.
4. Turn down heat to a simmer and cook potatoes until tender. Then use a potato masher to smash most of the potatoes. You can leave potatoes in cubes if you’d like as well, just a matter of preference.
5. Add cheese and mix well until melted. Add heavy whipping cream, salt and white pepper to taste. Now add bacon bits (optional) and let simmer 5 more minutes.
I added all the same toppings they serve with the soup at Carnation Cafe inside Disneyland. You can prep the green onions, bacon, sour cream and extra cheese while the soup is cooking.
I have linked the cute Mickey serving bowls in my Amazon store here. This is an affiliate link which means I make a little something when you purchase through the link with no extra cost to you.
Dinner is served!
The recipe makes 1/2 gallon, I doubled the recipe so that we would have leftovers. I hope you love this soup as much as we did. It took me right back to Main Street USA at Disneyland. So if you need a trip down Main Street whip up some of this soup it’s sure to hit the spot. Here’s the original paper recipe that came from City Hall at Disneyland.
Make sure you’re following along on Instagram too. I share tips and information over there daily for more magic.