There are lots of rides that you can take your baby or toddler on at Disneyland. Many of the attractions have no height requirements. The Disneyland resort is a family park. Walt Disney created a park for parents to bring their kids and babies. I get asked a lot, should I bring my baby to Disneyland? The answer is YES you can totally bring a baby to the parks. There is so much Disneyland has to offer and so many rides you CAN take your baby or toddler (under 32”) on in each park. If you have children from 32” to 48” inches take a look at this post to see what rides they can go on. Plus I have a post for pregnant mamas over here.
This post contains affiliate links which means I make a little something when you purchase through the link with no extra cost to you.
Rides with no height requirements
Here’s a list of all the rides with no height requirements you can take your baby/toddlers on, sorted by LAND in each park!
DISNEYLAND rides for baby/toddlers
- Jungle Cruise
- Tarzan’s Treehouse – currently under refurbishment
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes
- Alice in Wonderland
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- It’s a Small World
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad Tea Party
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- Sleeping Beauty Castle walk through
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Tom Sawyer Island – go explore, lots to see and do
- Sailing Ship Colombia
- The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Main Street Cinema – sit, rest and enjoy cartoons
- Main Street Vehicles
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
New Orleans Square
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- Astro Orbitor
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Disneyland Monorail
- Finding Nemo Submarine
Disneyland Railroad is really fun for the little ones. You can hop on the railroad at 4 different train stations. Ride it all the way around there’s so much to see including the Grand Canyon which you can only see from the train. Hop on in Tomorrowland, Town Square, New Orleans Square or Toontown.
Disney California Adventure rides for baby/toddlers
- Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Animation Academy – learn to draw
- Sorcerer’s Workshop – go explore
- Turtle Talk with Crush – a show
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
Paradise Gardens Park
- Golden Zephyr
- The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel
- Pixar Pal-a-Round (swinging and non-swinging)
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is a great place for little ones to run around and play. Plus it’s a nice spot for parents to rest their feet!
Red Car Trolley – hop on at Buena Vista and ride around in Hollywood land
Print a FREE attractions list
I have created a checklist with ALL the attractions in both parks. You can use it to plan your visit. Print each list and mark the attractions you can do with your little ones. Click here to print.
For many other attractions you can always use Rider Switch. What is Rider Switch? Well it’s a great system Disney created to allow groups with little ones to still enjoy E-ticket attractions. Rider Switch is when one adult waits with non-riders while the rest of the party waits in line for the attraction and rides. Then the adult who was waiting switches roles and goes in the attraction return line to board without waiting in the regular queue. This person can take one other guest with them for a maximum of 2 guests. See a cast member at the attraction for swapping details and they will help you. Rider Switch is available at select attractions in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.
The following rides offer Rider Switch in Disneyland.
- Space Mountain
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Splash Mountain
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Chip ‘N’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
The following rides offer Rider Switch in Disney California Adventure.
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Silly Symphony Swings
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- Grizzly River Run
Other options with little ones
There’s lots of entertainment around both parks check the app or entertainment guide! Parade tips and info on this post. Both parks have kid friendly play areas to explore. Find out more about those areas here. You don’t want to miss the opportunity to take a photo with Mickey and other characters. Find out how to locate characters here. Most of all enjoy the moment and slow down. These years will fly by, soak up all the magic through their eyes!
Touring Plan for kids, toddlers and babies
Lastly if you’re in need of help planning your day I recommend this post for Disneyland and this post for Disney California Adventure. I share share how to fit in all the rides in one day with the least amount of time waiting in lines. I have plans for doing just the kid rides as well.
Planning you first trip to Disneyland read this!
Watch my TOP 5 for planning tips a Disneyland trip video!
When is the best time to visit Disneyland? Check out the crowd calendar!
Looking for the best hotel close to Disneyland? Want a budget friendly location? Must have breakfast included. Here’s a post for you!