Rain or shine sometimes you just need to be indoors riding attractions, watching a show or meeting a character at the Happiest Place on Earth. Maybe you’re at the parks on a rainy day or a really hot and you need shade or air conditioning! Well I’ve got you covered. Disneyland has a variety of shows to watch indoors, attractions to go on indoors, characters to meet indoors and places to eat indoors. I love lists and I’ve compiled some for you in this post.
I’ll break it down first with attractions and shows. I will group these by LAND at both parks. I’m only including attractions that are both longer and indoors as well as shows that are indoors or with shade.
Disneyland attractions and shows indoors
- It’s a Small World
- Peter Pan
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Storytelling at Royal Theatre (check showtimes) outdoor theatre but in the shade
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin (Toon Town is currently closed until early 2023)
New Orleans Square
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Sailing Ship Colombia
- Golden Horseshoe has live entertainment and food (check the app for showtimes)
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- Disneyland Monorail
- Space Mountain
- Star Tours
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Indiana Jones Adventure
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Millennium Falcon
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Main Street Cinema
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Disneyland Railroad (more stations in New Orleans Square, Toon Town & Tomorrowland) not indoors but covered
- Shops on Main Street are all connected. Shop up and down both sides of the street.
Disney California Adventure attractions and shows indoors
- Animation Building – many options located inside the building Turtle Talk with Crush, Animation Academy, Sorcerer’s Workshop and Anna & Elsa’s Meet and Greet. Plus there are seats to rest and watch clips of Disney cartoons/movies.
- Disney Junior Dance Party – indoor show check showtimes
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic at Sunset Showcase Theater
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- WEB Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure
- Soarin’ Around the World
- The Grand Californian Hotel lobby – back entrance located near Grizzly River Run. Anyone can go inside and enjoy the lobby. There are places to sit and relax.
- Toy Story Midway Mania
Paradise Gardens Park
- The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
Also shopping on Buena Vista Street, all the shops are all connected! Shop on both sides of the street!
Restaurants at Disneyland with indoor seating
- Carnation Cafe on Main Street
- The Plaza Inn at the hub
- Red Rose Taverne in Fantasyland
- Blue Bayou Restaurant in New Orleans Square
- Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square
- Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland
- The Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland sit indoor eat and live entertainment
- Alien Pizza Planet in Tomorrowland
- Docking Bay Cargo 7 Food and Cargo in Galaxy’s Edge
- Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge
Restaurants at Disney California Adventure with indoor seating
- Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe on Buena Vista Street
- Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge on Buena Vista Street
- Flo’s V8 Cafe in Cars Land
- Lamplight Lounge on Pixar Pier
- Smokejumpers Grill next to Soarin’
- GCH Craftsman Grill inside Grand Californian Hotel – enter hotel across from Grizzly River Run anyone can go eat here.
Character meet and greets indoors at Disneyland
✨ Royal Hall (west of the castle) – Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel and possibly other princesses are located here. The princesses rotate so you never know who could be there.
✨ Toon Town – you can meet Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse inside their houses in Toon Town. They are always available to meet. Just make note that Toon Town opens an hour after the park opens. And it closes early as well before fireworks.
UPDATE: Toon Town is under refurbishment until 2023!
Character meet and greets indoors at Disney California Adventure
✨ Animation Building on Hollywood Blvd – inside you can meet Anna and Elsa.
Disney app tip – you can find the location and times of all characters in both parks on the app under characters. The ones listed above are just indoors. But there are so many more you can meet!
Pin this post and save for later to help you on your visit to Disneyland.